[council] WS2 recommendations - Sequence of Work

Olga Cavalli olgacavalli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 14:54:56 UTC 2022

Dear GNSO colleagues,

I trust this email finds you well.

CCOICI has completed one of its assignments
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions/2020-current#202203> from
the Council regarding the WS2 Implementation, which is to rank WS2
Recommendation 1 (Diversity), Recommendation 2.3 (Standalone Framework for
Exercising Empowered Community Powers), and Recommendation 3 (Human Rights
Framework) based on priority levels from GNSO Council’s perspective. The
result may help inform the Community Coordination Group (CCG)’s
consideration for the sequence of work.

CCOICI members conducted a poll for ranking the three WS2 recommendations
and below is the result:

   - Recommendation 1 (Diversity) is deemed to have the highest priority,
   - Recommendation 3 (Human Rights Framework) medium priority, and
   - Recommendation 2.3 (Standalone Framework for Exercising Empowered
   Community Powers) lowest priority

As the GNSO Council Representative at the CCG, I have shared this priority
ranking result that the CCG should tackle Recommendation 1 first,
Recommendation 3 next, and Recommendation 2.3 last. It does not conflict
with the preliminary agreement by the CCG to begin discussions with
Recommendation 1.1 (Diversity Elements).

In addition, please find below the notes from the first CCG meeting on 5
April 2022 to learn more about what has been discussed.

Best Regards,

Olga Cavalli

*From: *ws2-ccg <ws2-ccg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Alperen Eken <
alperen.eken at icann.org>
*Date: *Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 12:35 PM
*To: *WS2 CCG <ws2-ccg at icann.org>
*Subject: *[ws2-ccg] Discussion & Call Information | WS2 CCG Call on 05
April 2022

Dear CCG Participants,

I hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for joining the first Work Stream 2 Community Coordination Group
meeting. For those who could not join the call, or those who wish to
refresh your memories regarding what was discussed during the meeting,
please check the agenda wiki page, <https://community.icann.org/x/JQ51Cw>
where you can find the call recording as well as the chat archive,
attendance record, notes, and action items.

Please note the following action items, which represent preliminary
agreements amongst the members present at the meeting. Attendees agreed
that these items should be taken to the mailing list for full group
approval. We will greatly appreciate input from members who were *not* able
to join the call by *Wednesday, 13 April 2022, *as a final decision on
these matters will help us plan the next meeting.

   1. *Role and input of observers*. Attendees agreed that alternates and
   observers should be able to join and participate on calls (subject to any
   internal requirements from their respective appointing groups).
   2. *Chair*. Attendees agreed that designation of a chair is not
   necessary at this time. Topic leads can be appointed on an “as needed”
   basis and the group can revisit the question of a Chair if the need arises.
   3. *Call times*. Attendees agreed to keep Tuesday, 13-14 UTC as a one of
   two rotating meeting times. The second (rotating) time remains to be
   determined (likely via a Doodle poll).
   4. *Frequency of calls*. Attendees agreed to have an initial call
   frequency of once a month, with proposed agendas circulated by staff two
   weeks prior to a meeting if possible.
   5. *Progress reports*. Attendees agreed that the group should prepare
   periodic progress reports.
   6. *Sequence of work*. Attendees did not have any concern with the
   proposal to begin the group’s discussions with Recommendation 1.1
   (diversity elements).

Best regards,

Alperen Eken (on behalf of the ICANN org team supporting the CCG)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20220424/c0f7af48/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list