[council] Next step on closed generics

陳曼茹 Manju Chen manju at nii.org.tw
Thu Aug 4 02:09:34 UTC 2022

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for the update!

I have one suggestion and one question.

First of all, while it makes sense to include former SubPro PDP leadership
in the conversation, it seems weird that the seat should be considered a
seat 'from the GNSO'. As we all know, SubPro PDP was an all-inclusive
working group with multiple SO/AC members' active participation, even the
co-chairs of the WG were not limited to GNSO members. It seems more
reasonable, that instead of counting the SubPro leadership as a seat from
the GNSO, to have them have 1 seat aside from either GAC or GNSO slots.
That would mean GAC (5) + GNSO (5) + former SubPro leadership (1) + ALAC
(1). Hope this makes sense.

ALAC has requested and was permitted to have 1 member plus 1 alternative. I
wonder if that's also the case for SG appointments?

Thank you the Council leadership for your hard work!

Best,
Manju