[council] GNSO Council Meeting 28 August: Preparation for Joint Meetings at ICANN75

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:45:53 UTC 2022

Dear Philippe and Councillors

I have very recently been informed that the ALAC Leadership would like to
withdraw the second of the 2 topics which were proposed for discussion
between the ALAC and GNSO, which is regarding *the terms of reference for
the proposed pilot Holistic Review, *as it was concluded that input from
Council/GNSO (if any) would be well understood through participation in the
upcoming Public Comment proceedings on the same.

At this juncture, the ALAC Leadership has yet to decide if it wishes to
propose a substitute 2nd topic; I will let you know as soon as a decision
has been made on that.

Of course, Council may well have a substitute topic to propose to the ALAC,
and in any event, I'm confident that we can come to some agreement on this.

Thank you and kind regards,
Justine