[council] Recommendations to the GNSO’s Working Group Self Assessment (WGSA) requirements

Olga Cavalli olgacavalli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:01:52 UTC 2022

Dear Councilors,

I trust this email finds you well.

On behalf of the Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing
Continuous Improvement (CCOICI), I am pleased to share with you our report
and proposed recommendations in relation to the GNSO’s Working Group Self
Assessment (WGSA) requirements.  You will find in the report proposed
redline updates to existing provisions and documents that relate to the
WGSA as well as new elements, such as a proposed periodic survey.

As you may be aware, any changes to the GNSO Operating Procedures need to
be published for public comment before these can take effect, however, to
avoid duplication of efforts, the CCOICI recommends combining the public
comment forum with any proposed changes that the Statement of Interest
(SOI) Task Force (TF) may be making. As that group has just commenced its
deliberations, the timing of this is not clear yet, but the CCOICI will
closely follow the TF deliberations and inform the Council should this
proposed approach no longer make sense (either because of timing concerns
or if the TF is not planning to make any proposed changes to the GNSO
Operating Procedures).

Following the public comment forum, the CCOICI may need to make updates to
the report, based on the input received, following which the Council will
be requested to consider the report for adoption. In the meantime, we would
welcome your review and any input you may have.

Many thanks to those of you who contributed with this effort and special
thanks to GNSO Staff for their support.

Best regards,

Olga Cavalli
CCOICI, Chair