[council] SSAD ODA review - small team assignment

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Mon Jan 31 16:23:08 UTC 2022

Dear All,

Following our meeting with the ICANN Board last week, the leadership team has worked with the staff support team to develop the attached small team assignment to continue our analysis and review of the Operational Design Assessment (ODA) to help inform the Council's discussion with the ICANN Board.

We expect the small team to commence its work in the course of next week so to this end, we would like you to identify if there are any additional volunteers, beyond those who already expressed an interest and are already identified in the assignment document. Please do so by Friday 4 February by sending a message to gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>. I would like to ask Justine and Jeff, our ALAC liaison and GNSO Liaison to the GAC, to share this message with their respective EPDP Phase 2 representatives. I will do the same with the SSAC and the ICANN Board.

We do recognize that there is broad interest in this topic and want to make sure that the different perspectives are heard, but at the same time, we hope that the size of this small team remains manageable. Small team members will be working with their respective groups and channeling their inputs, so we are looking at a maximum of 1 person to hold the pen and join small team meetings. In the interest of transparency, the mailing list will be publicly archived and open to observers, with all meetings recorded.

As discussed, the small team is expected to analyze the ODA and provide its expertise and perspectives to help inform the Council's deliberations on potential next steps and its engagement with the ICANN Board for the potential gaps that we talked about on Thursday. To assist in this process, we have identified a number of questions for the small team (see attachment). To be clear, the small team is not consensus-driven, if there is no common view on these questions within the small team, it is expected to document the different perspectives for Council consideration.

We appreciate that this will require additional time and effort from those volunteering for the small team, but we welcome the opportunity to engage with all of you as well as the ICANN Board on this important topic to determine the path forward.

Thanks.
Philippe

Thank you.