[council] Draft minutes of the GNSO Council meeting 15 June 2022

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:54:45 UTC 2022

Hello Nathalie,

Thanks for circulating the draft minutes. I would like to propose
amendments to my submission at page 8 about 2/3rds down the page, for
clarity.

With edits marked in blue text.

Justine Chew, ALAC Liaison to the GNSO, thanked councilors for supporting
the ALAC's participation in the GNSO-GAC dialogue. She highlighted that
ALAC requested a member plus an alternate, and not as opposed to a liaison, so
as to distinguish it from her which is Justine’s role on Council already.
Whilst ALAC was grateful for the GAC’s gesture of possibly assigning one of its
seats to ALAC, Council should consider having ALAC as a third party, outside
of the GNSO and GAC contingents, to be fair to both GNSO and GAC in terms
of the balance discussed by the small team.

So, I would ask that the paragraph be amended to read as:

Justine Chew, ALAC Liaison to the GNSO, thanked councilors for supporting
the ALAC's participation in the GNSO-GAC dialogue. She highlighted that
ALAC requested a member plus an alternate, as opposed to a liaison, so as
to distinguish it from her role on Council. Whilst ALAC was grateful for the
GAC’s gesture of possibly assigning one of its seats to ALAC, Council
should consider having ALAC as a third party, outside of the GNSO and GAC
contingents, to be fair to both GNSO and GAC in terms of the balance
discussed by the small team.

Thanks,
Justine