[council] [Ext] Re: Message from Tripti Sinha to Former CCWG-AP Members

Xavier Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Sat Aug 5 00:49:40 UTC 2023

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your response below and for further clarifying your view. As you are likely aware, the Board did not yet formally revisit its decision on the CCWG-AP’s recommendation 7. While many of the concerns you raised (or reported on behalf of others) were already part of the Board’s deliberations, the Board wanted to make sure that its intended outreach was complete before acting.

As indicated earlier, we intend to share the content of the emails that Tripti, you, and I have exchanged with the newly created list of former CCWG members who have consented to be included to provide visibility to the concerns you have shared and the responses provided.

We also intend to further address your points below as a response to the above list, once we will have posted the previous email communication in it (including your email below). These points are addressed within the Board’s rationale for the recommended decision relative to recommendation #7.

Thank you again for your interest on this topic and for taking the time to share your thoughts. The communication that is resulting from it helps to ensure that the Board and org remain accountable to the community.

Best regards,

Xavier

Xavier Calvez
ICANN