[council] Fwd: [FormerMembersCCWG-AP] Correspondence ICANN - Anne Aikman-Scalese

Anne ICANN anneicanngnso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 11:44:12 UTC 2023

Dear Council Leadership and Members,

In relation to the AOB item re the ICANN Grant Program that evolved from
the Board's approval of the CCWG Auction Proceeds Final Report, ICANN Org
has re-established a list of consenting former CCWG members for the purpose
of community consultation.  As a former CSG voting delegate to the CCWG
Auction Proceeds, I posed certain questions after consultation with some
CSG members.  The questions and ICANN Org's responses to the questions
appear below.  Notably, no one knows of a procedure in place for the Board
to modify a Final Recommendation of a CCWG that the Board has already
adopted.   So to borrow a term from cricket,  that is a bit of a "sticky
wicket".    I think other Councilors will have  further comments on the
substance of the proposed solution of private contracting  to eliminate
resort to Request for Reconsideration and Independent Review as to grant
decisions (in lieu of a ByLaws amendment  to accomplish this as recommended
by the CCWG.)

Thank you,
Anne

Anne