[council] Update on the Facilitated Dialogue on Closed Generic TLDs

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:16:44 UTC 2023

Hi Anne,

Delayed response but while I understand that the GAC advice does not state
a requirement for Global Public Interest but I strongly believe Closed
Generics should reflect both requirements: "serve a public interest goal"
per 2013 GAC Advice AND serve the global public interest, or at least not
harm the global public interest, per the Bylaws. I therefore welcome the
fact that the group is discussing consideration of both concepts.

Warmly,
Tomslin
@LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/