[council] Updated Charter for the GNSO Budget and Operations Townhall (formerly known as the SCBO)

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Tue Jan 24 22:08:31 UTC 2023

Dear Councilors,

You will likely recall an email<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2022-December/026373.html> sent on 22 December 2022 on behalf of Sebastien to communicate anticipated changes to the GNSO Council’s Standing Committee on ICANN’s Budget and Operations (SCBO); the Council subsequently agreed to that new approach during its December meeting. The newly envisioned SCBO, proposed to be dubbed the Budget and Operations Townhall (BOT), successfully carried out its first meeting in its reimagined form on 9 January 2023.

In support of this change, Council leadership committed to revising the charter for the SCBO. Attached, please find a clean version of the charter that seeks to accurately capture the reduced scope of the BOT. Please note that the redlined version of the charter is available if needed but given the amount of redlines required to effectuate the change of the SCBO to the BOT, it makes for a rather difficult read.

Lastly, Council leadership envisions including adoption of the revised charter during the February Council meeting. If you have any questions, please let Council leadership or me know.

Best,
Steve

Steven Chan

Senior Director, Policy Development Support & GNSO Relations

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email: steve.chan at icann.org<mailto:steve.chan at icann.org>
Skype: steve.chan55
Mobile: +1.310.339.4410

Find out more about the GNSO by visiting: https://learn.icann.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__learn.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=o7Auz997kA-HPv9PHJCjFVZw7Pgo8krw4MxfqCwBrIU&e=>
Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANN-5FGNSO&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=kWw4fQPNjw2lVKy1UjTxS2F0BmjEAzaDFWNmsYywbmE&e=>
Transcripts and recordings of GNSO Working Group and Council events are located on the GNSO Master Calendar <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=-L6chFfv0OperrXHHpTF722WnH3FZIutn4cS16IvpOg&e=>