[council] Draft minutes of the Minutes of the GNSO Council Meeting 24 August 2023

Anne ICANN anneicanngnso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:52:13 UTC 2023

Thanks Devan - in Item 7 Paul has an intervention which contains as
statement that the Section 16 process is a process whereby a Supplemental
Recommendation is brought to the Community.  I think there is a difference
in the procedure under Supplemental Recommendation and a Section 16
recommendation. Therefore, I would suggest you strike the word,
"supplemental" from the explanation provided in relation to Section 16.
The reference to be deleted is in bold below:

"...The options available are to just let the recommendation die,  to put
together a Supplemental Recommendation, or to do a Section 16 process,
which is where a (delete *supplemental )*recommendation is taken to the
community and hopefully becomes something acceptable to the Board. ..."

Again, the Supplemental Recommendation process is different from the
Section 16 process in form, though, as Marika has pointed out, community
involvement can be a feature of either one.  In this regard, I would also
recommend that "Supplemental Recommendation" have initial caps and that
"Section 16" have an initial cap throughout the minutes.

Thank you,
Anne

Anne Aikman-Scalese
GNSO Councilor