[council] Fwd: Rec 2.3 Next Steps

陳曼茹 Manju Chen manju at nii.org.tw
Wed Sep 20 08:28:13 UTC 2023

Hello Councilors,

As the GNSO Council representative to the WS2 Community Coordination Group
(CCG), I'm forwarding this question from the WS2 CCG to seek your feedback.
I propose we add this to the AOB for our Council meeting this Friday.

As noted in Alperen's email below, the WS2 CCG was tasked to deal with WS2
rec 2.3. The problem is that rec 2.3 is sort of contingent on the
completion of rec 2.1 and 2.2 by all SO/AC. (These recommendations are
regarding the removal of individual ICANN Board Directors. Check the
complete recommendations here starting from page 19:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-final-27mar18-en.pdf
)

GNSO is not one of the SO/ACs that hasn't completed the WS2 recommendation
2.1 and 2.2 implementation. In December last year, the Council resolved
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+2022-12-15>
to adopt the CCOICI WS2 Recommendations Report
<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2022/draft/draft-ccoici-ws2-recommendations-report-final-02nov22.en_.pdf>.
In the report, the CCOICI marked all but one relevant recommendation as
implementation completed; the only recommendation (2.1.2) marked as
'implementation planned' was implemented right after Council's adoption.

Above is my poor attempt to provide context for the discussion later this
week. My primary suggestion is to let the CCOICI handle this while we work
on reviewing the CCOICI pilot, as CCOICI has dealt with the WS2
recommendations and is therefore familiar with the topics.

Thanks!

Best,
Manju