[council] Fwd: [FormerMembersCCWG-AP] [Ext] ICANN Grant Program Applicant Guide

Anne ICANN anneicanngnso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:39:36 UTC 2024

Thanks Mark. I agree with you.  It looks as though I failed to forward my
response, in my personal capacity, to Giovanni's explanation.  Here is the
text of that response:

"Thanks Giovanni,
First let me clarify that I have no personal interest in serving as an
advisor to the ICANN Grant Program.  The point I wish to make, however, is
that members of the CCWG were never told, and it was not part of the policy
recommendations from the CCWG, that CCWG members could not act as advisors,
either paid or unpaid, to applicants for the program.  My personal view is
that this prohibition contained in the ICANN Grant Program Guidebook goes
significantly beyond the recommendations made by the CCWG and in fact, does
not serve the public interest.  It is surprising that ICANN Org included
this prohibition without consulting the Community.  Please note I am not
speaking on behalf of the CSG but I will review this comment with the CSG
as the former CSG Voting Representative to the CCWG Auction Proceeds.

I urge ICANN Org to reconsider this provision prohibiting former CCWG
members from serving as advisors to applicants to the ICANN Grant Program,
whether paid or unpaid.

Anne
Anne Aikman-Scalese
GNSO Councilor