[council] Reminder: Open Items from ICANN 79

DiBiase, Gregory dibiase at amazon.com
Tue Mar 26 21:25:27 UTC 2024

Thanks Kurt!

From: kurt kjpritz.com <kurt at kjpritz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 2:13 PM
To: DiBiase, Gregory <dibiase at amazon.com>
Cc: COUNCIL at GNSO.ICANN.ORG
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [council] Reminder: Open Items from ICANN 79

Hi Greg:

Regarding ATRT4, the RySG sent the note below supporting the deferral to the ICANN correspondence address and the Policy Strategic Management team, at Terri’s instruction:

The RySG recommends deferring the ATRT4 Review at this time. We recognize that in its Final Report, the ATRT3 Review Team contemplated starting the ATRT4 Review after the ICANN Board has approved the first recommendation(s) from the Holistic Review, but given the decision to launch a Pilot Holistic Review prior, and the delays in getting that Pilot started, we believe a preferable timeline would be to launch the ATRT4 Review after the Pilot Holistic Review has concluded. This limited deferral should provide for more available volunteers for each and will also allow the ATRT4 to be conducted with the benefit of learnings from the Pilot Holistic Review.

Regarding the Bylaw amendment, the RySG will have a brief comment in the next couple days as we are compiling the results of our recent discussion.

Thanks for reaching out and best regards,

Kurt