[CPWG] Subsequent Procedures

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 8 05:09:02 UTC 2018

Folks

Having gone through the Report and Appendix C, the issues that ALAC has been concerned with before and - I am suggesting - should concentrate on in its response include:

Community Priority Evaluations
These applicants had priority, but the definition was narrow and few applications made it through on this. The definition needs to be revisited, and the evaluation more transparent and predictable- and finalised BEFORE evaluation

Metrics
Unde the general heading, the question is asked whether there should be success metrics.  We said - and I believe should continue to say - have metrics as to what success looks like from an ALAC perspective.

PICS
Under global public interest, the question is asked whether there should continue to be PICS.  They are there because we argued for them - and still should

Applications from outside the US/Europe
We expressed concern that most of the applications came from the US and, to a lesser extent, Europe.  We said this came down to a number of factors, including
Length and complexity of Applicant Guidebook - it should be more accessible, comprehensible, in different languages
Need for applicant support - maybe a dedicated round for developing countries
Possibility of variable fees
IDNs
The report mentions need for further work to be done on Universal Acceptance

Happy to discuss

Holly