[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Re: ALAC Statement regarding EPDP

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at donnerhacke.de
Wed Aug 8 08:56:55 UTC 2018

* Greg Shatan wrote:
>4. I have seen no evidence that the European Data Protection people have thought about how WHOIS/RDS can function under GDPR.

The proposal of „ultra-thin“ whois can be used  to be compliant with different regional laws incl. GDRP.
Whois.iana.org does already implement this approach, so there is a) an implementation and b) experience with the model.
I’m too tired to reiterate it again and again.

As long as ICANN insist in a single procedure for an (artificially assumed) harmonized international law, it will fail.
I’m not participating discussions about such a fictional prerequisite.

Lutz Donnerhacke