[CPWG] Subsequent Procedures Questions - PICS

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Fri Aug 10 01:16:09 UTC 2018

Folks

I’m not sure where or how to do this, but I am putting my hand up for the PICS issue.  I”ll try to have something on the policy page  workspace in the next couple of days.

Looking at the recommendations, generally, our issues:

Mandaory
Should there still be mandatory PICS (and in response to the earlier section, all provisions on PICS should be in place BEFORE more applications (in rounds or otherwise) start. One of the issues was that PICS weren’t in the original Applilcant   Guidebook so there was justifiable criticism of inserting them afterwards

What should they be/do we want to add to what is already there - and one of the questions - should the requirements be codified through a PDP to be mandatory

We raised the issue of enforceability - under Specification 11, they do form part of the agreement. But we raised the issue of who enforces - clearly ICANN compliance

Voluntary
The Guidebook was also amended to allow for additional commitments to be made. Some of the questions being asked are whether they can be limited in scope or duration,
 whether it would be reflected in the Registry Agreement, ec

The GAC also said that some PICS raise the issue of ‘early warning’ -  and to what extend should they be treated differently - or indeed, what should we say (again)

All initial comments welcome.

Holly