[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Draft EPDP Response to the Interim Report

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 10 01:08:14 UTC 2018

Hi Alan

For some reason, I wasn’t able to comment on the wiki. So this is what I would have said:

My one word of caution is back to first principles.  WE are so focussed on the GDPR that we forget that other jurisdictions also have privacy legislation that  could well oblige the registrar/reseller to not publish personal information/some personal information of the registrant.  So I”d rather stay with a position that allows all registrars/resellers - in whatever jurisdiction globally - to respect their national privacy legislation - as is currently allowed under the RAA - the ability to comply with national laws.  So that comes close to the view originally agreed upon as you penned it: ‘those who felt that a contracted party could decide whether to do it or not’.  Perhaps reword, but accept that contracted parties may well be subject to their own privacy laws in jurisdictions outside of the EU.

Holly