[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Fwd: [registration-issues-wg] Call for feedback on proposed At-Large/ALAC positions to New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Supplemental Initial Report

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Sun Dec 16 22:37:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

To that point (RFP-type of solution):

It seems that in the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of cases it has been "portfolio applicants" squaring off against each other; and they just wanted a "fair compensation" for "giving up their asset". All of them are the same "good" or "bad": they make the TLD available via registrar channel.

Only a very small percentage of contention sets ended up at the ICANN last resort love-fest. So I think these few cases could be resolved in a RFP style way.......

The question is: Even if ALAC is in agreement with such stipulation; how to convince the rest of ICANN?

Thanks,

Alexander