[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Verisign Dissing Domainers?

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:30:38 UTC 2018

Brotherman, let me reveal myself.  I have no horse in this race.  Maybe its
the colonial experience but I know one thing. Anything - and I mean
anything -, I read about this business leads me first to plumb the economic
motive.  There always is one - or more - such.  And, its interesting, in
passing, to watch how y'all think.

I know its on both sides. Case in fact: Verisign has been in quiet
possession of all the namespace at issue and has been selling these
registrars who are now pitching a bitch, no questions asked, lo these many
years. I stand corrected if anybody can find me an event where Verisign
says, hey, you buying more than the market is demanding, more than you can
sell straight away. Can't recall a peep out of either side. Then, this. So,
what is the motivation, I ask?  And, what is the expectation?

Ellerman is but a useful vehicle to broadcast and seed the arguments!  And
I have learned a few things. [Even 'ontheotherhandism' tells a story!]

Confirm me a cynic. I read what is said with a grain of salt. I have been
taught to watch moreso what is done.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*