[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Urgent EPDP question

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 15 04:04:55 UTC 2018

Thanks for the quick replies.

I agree that the issue that a legal person may have some "natural
person" information associated with it. But there is no way that a
registrar can reasonable parse that, so it is up to the registrant to
rid their entries of natural person information if they choose to
include it. And yes, "Alan Greenberg Inc" had personal information in
it. As does alangreenberg.org. But no one forces me to have a domain name.

I find particularly amusing the issue of a Legal Person including
name-identifying e-mails. Clearly that is a choice which they may
know about, but the registrar, registry or ICANN cannot. If you wish
to be suitable amused, consider that there are several families in
the US with a surname of "Contact". Abuse.Contact at gmail.com is
potentially a protected address!

Certainly registrars and registries would like to simplify their
life. And adding a Natural/Legal flag will not be a trivial activity.
But that does not imply it is not the right way to go.

Alan