[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] EPDP: Geographic distinction

Sebastien Bachollet sebicann at bachollet.fr
Tue Oct 30 12:07:31 UTC 2018

Hello,
I have questions:
If and when other GDPR like policies are developed in other part of the World do ICANN will need to enforce a policy for each « regime »?
Or as At-Large can’t we ask for a protection for all the (individual) (end) users?
And if we consider GDPR as a good step to protect (individual) (end) users privacy in Europe, why not for the others?

If we have to support distinction, it must be on the basis of the residence (the address in the Whois) and not the citizenship.

It must be also allow and possible if one want to publish their personal data to do so.

One world, one Internet, one privacy protection for all Internet individual end users ;)

All the best
SeB