[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] EPDP: Geographic distinction

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Tue Oct 30 12:23:14 UTC 2018

The GDPR is not concerned with the citizenship it is concerned with where the person is located (A person residing in the EU). If you leave an EU country and travel to a non EU country you are no longer protected by the GDPR, when you travel to a non EU country your data rights would be protected by the laws of the country  which you are at. However we should remember that businesses residing outside the EU processing data of persons residing in the EU should make sure that they are GDPR compliant.   Also EU companies processing data outside of the EU must process the data in accordance to the GDPR. Therefore the regulation has this extra  territorial nature.

Best
Hadia

Eng. Hadia Elminiawi (M.Sc.)
Director, DNS-Entrepreneurship Center
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268513_180152888707645_7698168_n.jpg][logo]

Tel:      +202 3534  4392
Fax:      +202 3537 4000