[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] EPDP: Geographic distinction

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 30 13:49:31 UTC 2018

Clearly trying to "simplify" a question, it is no longer accurate.

Bastiann is correct the basis for protecting an
individual's data is based not in citizenship or
residency (which is a technical term that has
varying meaning depending on the country and a
person's exact status) but simply being "in" the
EU (and even "EU" is a simplification).

Alan