[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Further Revised Draft Statement on .ORG Renewal

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Apr 30 08:11:31 UTC 2019

So, perhaps the price cap removal could be delayed until after the
market impact evaluation process that Greg has outlined in the new
proposal was in place. Otherwise, there is no incentive to actually
proceed with the process. I realize that evaluation process was intended
for the .org part of the package but could apply to all.

That said, I am mostly concerned with the impact on .org. I know that
some lobby groups have gone into overdrive over this issue -- but users
don't respond to these things unless they truly feel threatened. And
users have responded in droves.

If we ignore this, whatever the good reasons to release the caps which
have been put forward here and which I understand, I don't think we are
listening to end-users.

Marita