[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Discussion: End-users definition from At-large perspective

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 15:22:38 UTC 2019

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019, 16:09 Tijani BEN JEMAA, <tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn>
wrote:

> Evan,
>
> I had the same understanding of the NCSG/NCUC. If they are in the GNSO,
> it’s because they are registrant.
> But unfortunately, the situation changed and now, they accept individuals
> and organizations with no relation with the gTLDs. They now define
> themselves as representing the civil society, and all non commercial users.

SO: Agree

> On the other hand, a lot of our members are also NCUC members, what I
> raised in the past explaining that this is not fair because they influence
> the decision making from 2 entries.I asked that at least, someone with a
> position in one of the 2 constituencies (ALAC and NCUC) can’t be at the
> same time a member of the other constituency. But I wasn’t heard.

SO: I can understand and agree with not having a position in both ALAC and
NCUC at the same time as that will indeed be double deep, but I don't think
it is unfair to have a position in one and be a member in the other. That
said, in reality, let's face it, the structural set-up of ICANN community
is unfair by default.

Regards