[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Geo Names Scenarios

mail@christopherwilkinson.eu CW mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sat Aug 10 12:44:08 UTC 2019

Good afternoon:

Noted. Having looked at the 'final' version, I noticed some concessions to my comments, some of which have been recalled by John McCormac. Thankyou. However, I think we should have gone further. It still sounds rather corny to be referring hypothetically to existing gTLDs.

Also, regarding .bluenile, ALAC must be consistent with existing TM law. If we accept that one local TM can block - or obtain - a global monopoly TM, then geo-names could become lost on a large scale.

This whole issue merits a thorough discussion which has never taken place in At Large.

Regards

CW