[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Discussion: End-users definition from At-large perspective

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 20:00:00 UTC 2019

Thanks to all who did engage in this email thread.

The bylaws is clear of making At-large to be the voice of Individual
non-registrant end-users.

However, I did experienced the challenges that At-large community are
facing while encouraging retired active individual end-user to get engaged
into At-large. Although initially they were curious when they took the
online ICANN learn course for newcomers, but when they started browsing
At-large and ICANN website they got lost and they were honest telling me
that At-large is not of their interested and can't be of contributor in
spite they are experience in corporate governance.

Following Evan's perspective and to solicit input from individual end-user
is not easy. The challenge here is to rewriting the issues for survey
design in a very simplified way to be understood by the layperson.

But still there is a need to activate the role of the RALOs to channel the
voice of Individual end-uses whether they're registrant or not through the
intended planned design when At-large was founded. Because so far, I don't
see this is happening.

I also second Jonathan's thoughts of his last email.

Wishing those observing Al-Adha a Happy Eid.
Best wishes to all,
Nadira