[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Discussion: End-users definition from At-large perspective

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Aug 10 21:48:21 UTC 2019

Dear Jonathan,

thanks for your follow-up. The problem is that there *is* no problem.
The ALAC has been clear and concise in over 10 years that where there is
a conflict between the interests of registrants and non-registrants, it
will side with the non-registrants.
But this, in my opinion, does not stop the ALAC from advocating for
policies, when there is no conflict between the interests of registrants
and non-registrants, that will help end users in being able to register
and administer a domain name with ease and at an affordable price. If a
user owns a domain name, they should not be told to leave the At-Large
Community and go elsewhere - that is ludicrous!
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD