[CPWG] Subsequent Procedures Update: String Similarity, snapshot as at 16 Aug 2019

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 08:34:15 UTC 2019

Dear all,

Reference is made to the *SubPro Updates workspace
<https://community.icann.org/x/6a_jBg>*.

As this point, the Subsequent Procedures PDP WG is expected to commence on
22 Aug its deliberation on the public comments received to its Initial
Report on the topic of String Similarity.

Here is a *snapshot on the topic of String Similarity as at 16 Aug*
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/111390697/01.%20SubPro%20String%20Similarity%20as%20at%2016.08.2019%20for%20CPWG.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1565943438611&api=v2>
.

I suspect there may be further prep to be done by GNSO staff / SubPro WG
Leadership for this topic closer to that SubPro WG call of 22 Aug 3:00 UTC,
so there could well be a need for an updated snapshot next week. We will
see.

As for CCT recommendations, Recommendation #35 is picked up under this
topic. It implores consideration for adoption of new policies to avoid
potential for inconsistent results in string confusion objections.

I wish you all a pleasant weekend ahead.

Justine Chew
-----