[CPWG] NYTimes: The .Org Mirage

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Thu Dec 5 18:35:55 UTC 2019

On 05/12/2019 18:22, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> It's not wrong, but its context is disingenuous.
>
> At its superficial level it's fear-mongering (you can't automatically
> trust a domain just 'cause it's in dot-org, a characteristic common to
> almost all TLDs).
>
> At a deeper level it's an attempt to discredit (or at least dilute) the
> massive and nearly universal opposition to the PIR conversion by
> non-profit organizations.
>
> On the whole I consider it a FUD piece.

It is worse than a FUD piece. It is knocking copy with token people who
might appear to have some expertise but are, in reality, non-expert. It
is classic negative PR. All that's missing is the "Some people say".

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com