[CPWG] NYTimes: The .Org Mirage

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Thu Dec 5 19:07:17 UTC 2019

On 05/12/2019 18:56, Jonathan Zuck wrote:
> How would an "expert" have approached this topic of trust in .ORG?
By showing the good that .ORG and PIR has done. PR 101.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but living in DC for 30 years, I've
seen LOTS of .ORG sites that were fronts for corporations or other
disingenuous actors. I know Evan is upset about the fact that it's being
written now, in the context of this controversy, but from the
perspective of trust, are folks (are WE?!) right to be trusting of .ORG
domains in their current form?

The intent, from what I have read, with this piece is to do down .ORG
and diminish its credibility by presenting negative examples. It isn't a
question of "trust" but rather the manipulation of the public perception
of .ORG as being just another gTLD.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com