[CPWG] Some relevant stats on .ORG

Nat Cohen ncohen at telepathy.com
Thu Dec 5 22:47:17 UTC 2019

In the name of pursuing its "stability and security" mission, ICANN has
destabilized the .org name space.  The prospect has now been raised of a
"refugee crisis" in which displaced nonprofits uproot themselves in search
of a safe haven, with Evan proposing one version.  If the nonprofits have
to leave their .org domain names behind, that then creates a security
crisis in which bad actors could take over and mispurpose the abandoned
.org domain names.