[CPWG] Yet Even Further Revised Statement

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu May 2 17:59:05 UTC 2019

Would folks please send whatever version is being contemplated for
discussion using the open PDF format? I don't use Microsoft Word, and
different viewers that I'm trying to read these documents (Google
Docs, ChromeOS' reader, etc.) are giving different results, with some
words completely disappearing in some documents.

I noticed some of the wording has changed, too, and overall disapprove
of the document, for reasons previously explained (e.g. imposition of
the URS, and the fee increases), as per my own public comments:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-org-renewal-18mar19/2019q2/003178.html

Sometimes, long sections of the text are used to speak to one side of
an issue, but much less is spent discussing the other side of that
issue. e.g. the document stretches to include every possible
justification for allowing unlimited fee increases, but doesn't point
to the strong arguments on the other side, reflected not only in my
statement, but the statement of thousands of members of the public.

Nowhere does it mention that under a competitive tender, for example,
that registry fees would be less than $1.00 per domain name per year,
and that registry operators are already making enormous profits. All
the arguments have already been posted.

For the record, as discussed previously, I don't support a statement
being made as a collective group. Folks should have made individual
statements, if they felt strongly about the issue, and thereby attach
their own name to their own statement, rather than purport to
represent a consensus of 3.9 billion or more users.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273018/number-of-internet-users-worldwide/

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269