[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Discussion of Capture is and always has been a legitimate topic at ICANN (was Re: ICANN Code of Conduct)

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Fri May 3 21:06:10 UTC 2019

Hi Greg,

The AG (or an office within the AG, such as the Charities Bureau) is the
> principal state regulator of non-profits.  I believe that is what Evan was
> referring to.

The exact body and organization will vary from one jurisdiction to another.
But the general principles are common to most countries that recognize
special status for nonprofits.

FWIW, the body that oversees this activity in my corner of the world (which
happens to be the same corner as George's) is called the "Public Trustee",
a branch of the government department that oversees business registrations
and consumer protection. It most certainly does not get involved in
antitrust.

Cheers,
Evan