[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Reflections on registry agreement renewals

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed May 8 00:17:10 UTC 2019

Absolutely, it is a tough one.

From an Australian perspective, it is an issue we have been grappling
with for some time - no easy answers there.  My first question - who
determines, and how, whether the license to use a name is  for
speculation or not.  Next question - if money is spent for the right
to use a name, with the intent to eventually use the name, and so may
be considered 'speculative' - is that okay.

So yes, it really is a tough one - not easy answers from Oz

Holly