[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Reflections on registry agreement renewals

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed May 8 07:44:59 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I used to think it was easy to differentiate between active domains, in
the sense that they are used by someone with a Web site or email, versus
domains that were used for investment and speculation. Being part of the
Domain Name Marketplace Indicators advisory panel taught me that this is
a very complicated issue, with a range of fades of grey, from the pure
speculators to the web site at the other end.
The domain name marketplace indicators latest data has been published
recently.
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-04-17-en

Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 07/05/2019 22:51, Jonathan Zuck wrote:
> Whew! That's a tough one because how do you distinguish what is
> speculation? Better to just raise prices and bring down the volume, I
> think.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html