[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Towards a comment on evolving the multistakeholder model at ICANN

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun May 19 02:25:06 UTC 2019

Hi Roberto,

Needless to say, I share your analysis - as is often the case - but
> disagree on the conclusions.

I'm not sure what conclusions you disagree with. I am responding to a
request for help with "I'm interested in the topic but sceptical that the
effort spent on such effort will yield any useful result". I am asking the
ALAC leadership for *any* evidence - more than hope - that this effort may
yield results more useful or meaningful than previous ones.

How about ALAC coming up with a clear vision of what it thinks ICANN ought
to be, and let that vision guide its strategies and tactics going forward?

I remind that ALAC is not bound by the timing of other projects and has the
mandate to advise the Board of ICANN on any issue at any time. Yet here we
are once again, reacting to the agenda of others rather than take our own
initiative.

Cheers,
- Evan