[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Fwd: ISOC sells PIR

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 02:32:38 UTC 2019

It is an outright sale of an asset, the proceeds of which go toward "an
endowment fund" for ISOC projects/activities. No revenue sharing is
involved.

The announcement indicated that all projects and operations will continue
as is under new ownership. With its policy on public/community benefit
presumably driven and overseen by Ethos Capital's Stewardship Council - I
wonder who they will put on this Council.

PIR under Ethos Capital will lose its non-for-profit status, so there might
be financial implication not to ISOC but possibly PIR's existing .org
customers/registrants.

We shall see.

Justine
-----