[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Fwd: ISOC sells PIR

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Nov 14 04:36:10 UTC 2019

Hello all,I must admit I do not know what this means for the long term financial stability of ISOC, if ISOC has sold its only source of income.I need to read more about the details of the deal before forming an opinion.Kindest regards,OlivierSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Justine Chew <justine.chew at gmail.com> Date: 14/11/2019  08:02  (GMT+05:30) To: Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com> Cc: CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> Subject: Re: [CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Fwd: ISOC sells PIR It is an outright sale of an asset, the proceeds of which go toward "an endowment fund" for ISOC projects/activities. No revenue sharing is involved.The announcement indicated that all projects and operations will continue as is under new ownership. With its policy on public/community benefit presumably driven and overseen by Ethos Capital's Stewardship Council - I wonder who they will put on this Council.PIR under Ethos Capital will lose its non-for-profit status, so there might be financial implication not to ISOC but possibly PIR's existing .org customers/registrants.We shall see.Justine -----On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 10:21, Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com> wrote:As Eduardo said there are lots of unknowns at present. Who knows?On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, 3:02 PM Alan Greenberg, <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

Why will it have major implications on ISOC Chapters?

Alan