[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Fwd: ISOC sells PIR

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 14 11:13:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 21:51, Justine Chew <justine.chew at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not uncommon for such transactions to be negotiated in confidence.
> ISOC Board members probably knew about it but would have been obligated to
> not disclose to anyone without need to know status.

That's understood. But in a nonprofit such major decisions -- substantial
asset transactions, bylaw changes, etc -- are typically ratified by
membership after negotiation, in this case the various electors of the ISOC
Board. In many cases such oversight is baked into the bylaws.

I see nothing in the news at hand to indicate that the transaction is
subject to any such ratification.

- Evan