[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] EFF : Nonprofit Community Stands Together to Protect .ORG

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Fri Nov 22 21:12:34 UTC 2019

Any price INCREASE up to about US $100 per year would be a POSITIVE: It
scares scalpers away.

The REAL risk we are facing is obviously the OPPOSITE:

That PIR allows freebee "creates" (first year registrations) to hike the
.org domain count. The result of such action: bad actors snatching up EVERY
single generic term based .org; and expired domains.

I am not afraid of rice hikes. I am afraid of the opposite: free "creates".
These monetization sites BADLY hurt the ".org" trust with Google. We
shouldn't ask ICANN for a "price cap" - rather for a guaranteed MINIMUM reg
fee!

Thanks,

Alexander.berlin