[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] thorough chronology of the

Greg Shatan greg at isoc-ny.org
Fri Nov 29 00:22:24 UTC 2019

This is written in a very slanted and somewhat alarmist manner, although
the chronology is (mostly) correct. There’s a heavy reliance on domainers
and their (direct and indirect) handiwork, which contributes to the
overheated tone and rush to judgment imbued in this piece.

This is useful as a timeline.  I’d advise adding other sources and a
critical eye to understand the facts.

The sale raises some serious questions and concerns, and the optics suck
from many if not most perspectives.  But we need to know more before
arriving at our conclusions.

Greg

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 3:16 PM Marita Moll <mmoll at ca.inter.net> wrote:

> Since I am trapped in an airport waiting hours for a plane, I am having
> more time than usual to research the info out there on this sale. This is
> an amazing chronology of all the things that led up to this crisis by Sam
> Klein, well known advocate for free universal access to knowledge and tools
> and veteran wikipedian.
>

> http://blogs.harvard.edu/sj/2019/11/23/a-tale-of-icann-and-regulatory-capture-the-dot-org-heist/
>
> Marita
> disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so
> GTLD-WG mailing list
> GTLD-WG at atlarge-lists.icann.org
>
> Working Group direct URL:
> https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+GTLDs