[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] reference list re: amazon PICs

Greg Shatan greg at isoc-ny.org
Wed Oct 2 04:43:39 UTC 2019

I think Holly sums up my views as well.

There is almost certainly a way forward toward enforceable PICs. This party
beneficiaries can be given the right within a contract to enforce relevant
portions. I don’t think the contracted parties will ever agree to that (and
in the world as it is, that’s that). Failing that, the answer to third
party enforceable PICs probably lies in taking them out of the Registry
Agreements.

PICs may not have a high degree of value now, but they are a toehold we
shouldn’t lose. They can be built up into or at least traded for some
levers of accountability for registries.

Greg

Greg Shatan
greg at isoc-ny.org
President, ISOC-NY