[CPWG] Fwd: Invitation to provide input for PDP 3.0 implementation

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 18:05:27 UTC 2019

Fyi...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michelle DeSmyter <michelle.desmyter at icann.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019, 7:07 AM
Subject: Invitation to provide input for PDP 3.0 implementation
To: Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>
Cc: gnso-chairs at icann.org <gnso-chairs at icann.org>, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org>, gnso-secs at icann.org <gnso-secs at icann.org>, Ariel
Liang <ariel.liang at icann.org>

Dear Maureen,

On behalf of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council, we
are writing to provide you with an update and seek you, ALAC, feedback on
the proposed implementation documents for PDP 3.0, a GNSO Council
initiative aimed to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of GNSO policy
development processes. The GNSO Council response
<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-multistakeholder-model-next-steps-27aug19/attachments/20191014/90dd0d9d/NextStepstoImprovetheEffectivenessofICANNsMultistakeholderModel-GNSOCouncilComments-0001.pdf>
to the “Next Steps to Improve the Effectiveness of ICANN’s Multistakeholder
Model” public comment contains background of the PDP 3.0 initiative and
details of our implementation process.

As of today, the GNSO Council has received the implementation documents for
ten (10) out of the fourteen (14) PDP 3.0 improvements. We expect to
receive the proposed implementation for the remaining four (4) improvements
sometime before the GNSO Council Strategic Planning Session in January
2020. You are welcome to check this wiki page
<https://community.icann.org/x/v4rkBg> for details and future updates.

As the GNSO Council is in the process of reviewing these proposed
implementation documents, we invite your members to provide feedback and
input for the *selected improvements* in the table attached. We believe
these improvements may affect the participation of members in the wider
ICANN community in GNSO PDP working groups, while the other improvements
are internal to the procedure within the GNSO.

The GNSO Council appreciate comments from the ALAC and will take them into
consideration when finalizing the proposed implementation. At-Large members
are encouraged to send their comments to their ALAC Liaison to the GNSO for
GNSO transmission to the GNSO Council. If possible, please forward your
comments and input to the GNSO Council by *22 November 2019* so that we may
fully consider them in our further deliberation.

Yours sincerely,

Keith Drazek                           Rafik Dammak
                        Pam Little

GNSO Chair                           GNSO Council Vice Chair
                        GNSO Council Vice Chair

Non-Contracted Parties House                      Contracted Parties House