[CPWG] moving forward -- MSM

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Sep 4 14:38:04 UTC 2019

Hello all. Further to some of the discussion on today's call regarding
prioritization of the 8 issues identified in the recent call for
comments on the evolving multistakeholder system. It it was noted that
some issues are much more fundamental/weightier the others -- e.g. issue
#4 -- roles and responsibilities and a wholistic view of ICANN as
opposed to issue #1 -- prioritization of work. It was further noted that
the fundamental issues will not be solved in the near term but some of
the other could certainly be at least alleviated with some practical
changes.

So I would like to suggest that, rather than prioritize these issues, we
put them in two categories -- issues we think can be solved by making
some practical changes in how we work and issues that will require
fundamental changes -- so, short term goals and long term goals. I think
this would still fit into the way this project is proceeding without us
having to say that fundamental change is less important than
prioritization of work.

Marita