[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] reference list re: amazon PICs

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Sun Sep 29 16:25:39 UTC 2019

If I might moderate this a TINY bit, I can confirm that the cctrt found enforcement to be woefully underwhelming and part of the problem was structural. Compliance lacks some of the mechanisms needed to look atcontracted parties wholistically. Hense some of the recommendations from the RT.

That said, I suspect these particular ones are different as they are mostly about reserve strings by a registry that doesn't lack for cash. I think a lot of pics are abandoned because of money and every registry, with few exceptions, migrates towards the generic to maximize sales. (there are recs in that as well). In THIS case, money is no object but the utility of the domain is. In other words, if the demands are Too high, the utility of the domain suffers but I believe that will all be resolved before launch and that enforcement, in this particular case, won't be a problem.

Just MY two cents.
Jonathan

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director