[CPWG] Calif. AG mentions ALAC advice in note to ICANN re: PIR

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 18 05:41:42 UTC 2020

The conclusion, quoted from the document:

Given the concerns stated above, and based on the information provided, the .ORG registry and the global Internet community – of which innumerable Californians are a part – are better served if ICANN withholds approval of the proposed sale and transfer of PIR and the .ORG registry to the private equity firm Ethos Capital.

More than just the reference to our document, I would add that reading the argumentation by the Ca. AG agrees with some of the points we have raised.

R.