[CPWG] request for input on MSM model implementation

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Feb 4 21:59:46 UTC 2020

Colleagues: In preparation for possible discussion on the CPWG call re:
feedback on the evolving multistakeholder model (which forms part of the
FY21-25 operating and financial plan), a draft google doc has been
started here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BVJLVRlQYP6tpJ0-TXLpSeTu11vzbNZCYuWFc05MiKM/edit?ts=5e2841b9

Should there be any time to discuss this subject on the call, I will
concentrate on the following task: *Rank the six workstreams according
to which issue which represents the most “ripe fruit” opportunity – i.e.
an approach or solution can be developed with minimal (lesser) resources.*

The 6 workstreams and the proposed leads are:

Consensus + Representation/inclusivity – GNSO working with SOs/ACs
Prioritization of work + efficient use of resources – SO/AC chairs
working with ICANN org. CEO and ICANN Board chair
Culture, trust and silos – ALAC working with ACs/SOs
Complexity – ICANN.org re: accessibility to info/data + SO/AC chairs re:
process, procedures, bylaws, communication and documentation
Precision in scoping – TBD (SSAC has been suggested)
Roles and responsibilities – ICANN Board with community and ICANN.org CEO

In the draft document, I have proposed that work on culture, trust and
silos would naturally precede representation/inclusivity (which includes
recruitment/demographics) -- especially because of the competition
between groups for committed and engaged volunteers. But that is a
practical suggestion, not made with the "minimal resources" idea in
mind. But please send me your thoughts on how you might rank some of
these other workstreams from the "low hanging fruit"perspective.

Thanks

Marita
**

**