[CPWG] My thoughts on the PIR sale and ISOC: Lessons Being Learned

David Mackey mackey361 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 02:36:28 UTC 2020

Greg,

Thank you for putting in the effort to create and share your post.

I agree with your commitment to the multistakeholder process. The
multistakeholder process something special. It’s still relatively new and
not easily defined. Work is required to understand it better, communicate
its value to others and apply it within ICANN, as well as between the
broader set of major Internet Organizations including ICANN, ISOC, IETF,
etc., if possible.

It’s not completely surprising that this type of exercise (ISOC/PIR) is
happening now, due to the value creation that the Internet has generated
over the last three decades. Let’s hope we figure out a way to continue the
innovation and value creation. I believe a great deal of the success of the
Internet comes from the multistakeholder process itself. Whatever happens,
let’s hope the multistakeholder process is not damaged along the way.

It’s obvious to me that you are a great asset to the At-Large ICANN
community. I have great confidence that your expertise and leadership will
keep the multistakeholder process alive and healthy in our At-Large
community.

Cheers!

David